Wedding Sites & Services Blog
Dance Tips for the Big Day from the experts at Arthur Murray Dance Studios
If a couple is planning to get married, here are a few TIPS from the experts on learning to dance for their big day:
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Remember that the schedule will get very hectic as the wedding day approaches. Dance instructors recommend starting four to six months in advance to allow more time for practice, especially if you are newcomers to dancing.
- Be patient when learning. Dancing is a great stress reliever, and a fun date night, so don’t put too much pressure on each other.
- Don’t try to teach your fiance. You’ll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on the big day.
- Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you attend lessons, the less review there will be on each lesson. Plan a lesson at least once a week to get the most from your lessons.
- Use the classes & practices when possible. Everyone feels most comfortable on a private lesson, but the classes and parties will be closer to what the rest of your reception will be like, and the teachers will be there to help!
Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as wife and husband will be a memory they will cherish forever.
Learn more about dance lessons from our friends at Arthur Murray Dance Centers by clicking their Wedding Sites and Services page here or going directly to their website here. They offer a great Wedding Dance Lesson Special for $195 classes for three 40 minute classes. Group and bridal party packages are also available.Last modified on
- 9 Summer "Beers" That Could Be Your New Favorite
- Three Cruise Companies You Might Not Have Consider...